Sunday, March 14, 2010

Another cute kid story... I didn't think I'd ever get to write one of these again.

I got to work at the CDC on Thursday because of being back in Kentucky and it was so great to see those kids again! I had missed them SOOO much! One of the ones that I had missed the most was Mya because she's hilarious and spunky. She ended up staying until 3pm on Thursday because her dad wasn't able to pick her up until then. We played Memory while she was waiting for him and here's what happened when she flipped over one pair of cards:

Mya and Jenna: Ohhh, it's a bird and a bee (both of us disappointed that it wasn't a matching pair for her).

Mya: Well, THAT'S awkward.

(I just started laughing and then I realized that it was kind of awkward since it was a bird and a bee, but I didn't say anything.)

Mya: I don't even know what awkward MEANS!

I think she had learned that word because her sister's in high school and probably uses it a lot, but it was really cute. Those little kids still have my heart.

2 comments:

Kim said...

For a second I thought she was REALLY smart!

I'm so jealous that you were there this week...

Jenna said...

I wish you had been there when she said it! Also, Emily missed me SOOO much...that just never gets old. I'll bet she'll say that to you when you go on the field trip with them :).