Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lent

I've never given up anything for Lent before and I won't be giving up anything this year, either. I did decide that I needed to add something to my life for the next 40 days in order to grow closer to Jesus. I'm planning on writing devotions in my journal every day for the next 40 days and I'll be writing those on here as often as I can. The verses will be ones that I've memorized or have underlined in my Bible because I figure I can write about those better than, say, random scriptures from Obadiah. Each day, I'll write about something that has happened in my life or about stories that I've heard that are applicable to the scripture passage. I'm going to ask at least one question with each one that I write in order for the 3 of you who may be reading this to apply it to your own lives. I have a feeling that it'll be difficult to keep this up for 40 days in a row, but I guess it will also be showing me what Lent is about.

No comments: