Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 1- Ecclesiastes 7:1-4

Church on Sunday was all about Ecclesiastes 7 and it was also included in Chapter 2 of "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan, which our small group was going over this week. With that little introduction...

On our refrigerator in Kentucky, there was a quote that said, "When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice." I've heard so many stories about people who truly lived their lives for Christ and they ended up dying at an early age for completely unexpected reasons. For example, I read the biography of Rachel Scott, one of the girls who was killed in the Columbine shootings. She was a teenager who loved Jesus more than anything, but one thing she said was, "I am not going to apologize for speaking the name of Jesus, I am not going to justify my faith to them, and I am not going to hide the light that God has put in me. If I have to sacrifice everything... I will." She seemed to realize at a very young age how temporary everything is in life and all she seemed to want was to glorify God while she walked this earth. Even though her death was tragic, she left behind a legacy for many to remember her because she was willing to give up everything for her Savior.

Question: How do you want to be remembered when you die? Are you doing things in your life right now that will allow you to be remembered in the way that you want to?

2 comments:

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.