Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 3- Matthew 6:19-34

I remember working part-time at Project Independence in 2005 and taking 1 week off during the summer to be a counselor at Royal Family Kids' Camp. It was right before I started teaching at Deerfield and I think I got down to about $5 in my checking and savings accounts. I wasn't sure whether I was going to make it to the next paycheck, but I did. God provided for me and I was able to make ends meet during that time. The bottom line is that there is no use in worrying about anything because I can't control any of it anyway. Easier said than done, though, since I'm going to be unemployed in the next 2 weeks. It's funny because last year I only received $150/month and it was fine. I don't think I ever worried about money last year because I still had some left over from teaching and I wasn't paying rent. This year, I rented an apartment, so I ended up spending a lot of money on furniture and have been more worried about my finances since getting a job. I know that the Lord will provide and I just need to trust Him on that.

Question: When was a time that you were completely worried and God did something to ease your mind? Have you ever had a time when you weren't worried about something stressful and God took care of it?

No comments: