Sunday, September 7, 2008

John Wayne Airport

So I went to pick Vanea up from the airport tonight, which is no big deal because I love the airport. I get there, it's kind of crowded, and it takes me about 5 minutes to get to the pickup spot instead of just driving up to the place where she is. Anyway, she had texted me right as I was getting to the place where she said she would be and told me that she was going to the bathroom. I panic a little because there are airport security guards every 10 feet or so and I know they're not going to let me park my car. I pull up to an empty spot behind a Buick and I pray for her to hurry because there's one of those guards standing next to the car in front of me. He leaves and points at me to move my car. I'm ready with my excuse that I'm waiting for my pregnant friend, but he starts walking down the row of cars, so I figure he didn't care that much and maybe I didn't need to move my car. He comes back, Vanea's still not there, I'm starting to panic more, but am also kind of mad that the guy didn't even take the time to listen to my excuse, which was a REALLY good one. He says, "I told you to move your car a couple of minutes ago, why haven't you done that?" I tell him, "My pregnant friend had to use the restroom and she's going to be right back." To which he says, "Well, if I had a pregnant friend, I would park my car in the structure and help her with her bags." Then I looked over and Vanea was standing right next to my car in her cute maternity outfit and puts her bags that a 5 year old could probably carry without a problem into my trunk. It was AMAZING timing and the guy didn't say anything else to me.

p.s. I don't really understand why a guy would make his pregnant friend walk all the way to the parking structure, even if he was carrying her bags for her. It seems like more of a burden for the woman to walk that far than to carry a few bags about 50 yards from the baggage claim.

p.s.s. I still love the airport.

No comments: