Sunday, September 7, 2008

The bunny

Today I went walking on the boardwalk in Newport. This isn't anything out of the ordinary because I do this at least twice a week. While I was walking past the big clock, I saw a man playing guitar and he had something on top of his hat. I couldn't figure out what it was at first, but there was a fairly large crowd around him and I knew it would be something interesting. As I got closer, I saw that it was a bunny on his head. As I continued to get closer, I saw that he had a chicken, another bunny, and a guinea pig that were around a little table in front of him. So strange, but I kept walking because I knew I could pay closer attention when I was walking back.

Once I came back, he had added a dog to the mix and it was sitting on a leash next to him... it kind of looked like one of the dogs from "Pirates of the Caribbean." By this time there were 2 cops who didn't seem to know what to do. It's like they didn't want to interrupt this train wreck that was occurring in front of them because it was pretty entertaining, but they also seemed like they were trying to figure out a way to cite him for something. I stopped briefly to hear what his singing voice sounded like, but it was a little too twangy and I decided to continue on my way.

No comments: