Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Proposal

I was proposed to tonight, so here's the story... I have to do 25 hours of medication training for the new job and the classes are Monday-Friday of this week from 5-10pm. During one of our 10 minute breaks tonight, I went next door to 7-11 to get a few snacks. I was ready to check out, but both registers had customers at them. There was an older gentleman at one who was finished checking out, but he still hadn't moved. I wasn't sure what to do, but the cashier told me that it was my turn. I got up there and this is what happened:

Older gentleman to me: What's your name?
Me: Jenna
Older gentleman: Well, Jenna, this is Will (introducing me to the mildly attractive, somewhat mortified 7-11 guy... and by mildly attractive, I mean he appeared to have all of his teeth), he graduated from William and Mary.
Me: Oh, uh, congratulations, good job (I don't really know what I said, I was just confused about this old man being the wingman for the 7-11 cashier against his will).
Older gentleman (taking my left hand and turning it over to reveal no ring) to Will: Yes, she'll marry you.

I laughed and told them it was nice to meet them, then went back to class with my snacks in hand. That old man brightened my night with his randomness, though :).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh my, i almost had another new son-in-law? jeffrey would be so jealous of the 7/11 guy... hey hon, can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!! yippee... love you...