Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day! (shout-out to Mama Boyd)

When I started writing this blog back in August, I said that I was going to write some stories about the people that I admire. My mom has been one of the most important people in my life and I figured that today is the right day to write a blog about her... especially since she's one of the 3 people who actually read this :). Here are the top 10 things that I love about my mom:

1) She loves Jesus more than anything and I know that she has spent a lot of time covering Emily and me in prayer.
2) She loves my dad so much and knows that she's a lucky woman because she has him as a husband.
3) Her ability to find out the life story of pretty much anyone within 10 minutes of meeting them.
4) Her willingness to drop everything and listen when I'm struggling.
5) Her ability to drag information out of me when I don't know how much I've bottled up inside (I usually end up crying, which is good because that doesn't happen very often).
6) She's never tried to give me her opinion on the things that I should do with my life and has always supported my decisions.
7) She's taught me that sometimes you can cheer up by eating frozen yogurt or buying something cute.
8) She's great with kids, especially when it comes to being consistent and following through on what she says.
9) She knows how to make awkward situations more comfortable by saying the right things.
10) She's great at spending quality time with those she loves. Some examples: going to Hawaii for my high school graduation, going to New York for Emmy's high school graduation, Tuesday night "date nights" when I was growing up, Thursday night "date nights" with Daddy, etc.

I'm so thankful that God picked her to be my mom and wish that everyone could have one just like her!

2 comments:

emily grace [long distance lobsters] said...

i agree! we are lucky childrens.

Unknown said...

daddy was the one that pointed out this new addition to your blog jenna boyd:)... (i was a week behind!) i love this "shout out", what an amazing mother's day gift... daddy said when he handed me the computer, "you're gonna cry", but instead I smiled (a LOT) because you have always taken the time to share with me your appreciation... both you and emily don't hesitate to say "you're proud of us" too;)... soooo, needless to say, this is just one more confirmation of what a wonderful person you are... thanks for the "shout out"... it's very special... xoxo m