Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Best Concert Ever!

We went to see The Fray and Kelly Clarkson in concert last night and it was such a blast! My dream concerts are/have been U2, The Fray, and Taylor Swift. We were able to see U2 last June, so I was excited to check another band off the list when I heard that The Fray were coming to Virginia Beach. I also held off on getting tickets because it was at the Virginia Beach Amphitheater and I figured the lawn seats weren't going to sell out. My waiting paid off and I was able to buy 2 tickets for the concert on Groupon for $15 last month.

Some of the highlights from the concert last night were:
1) It finally being cool enough to wear a sweatshirt and jeans.
2) Walking to the lawn and being asked if we wanted a free upgrade to seats in the Amphitheater (we took them, duh.)
3) People-watching, especially because there's a very diverse following of people who listen to Kelly Clarkson and The Fray. Some of my favorites were:
    a) Seeing a dad with his teenage daughter who was in a wheelchair as they talked and joked around.
    b) The group of 5 junior high girls who were dancing and singing along with the music.
    c) The 2 men who appeared to be a couple and knew every word to every Kelly Clarkson song.
    d) The 2 women in their 40's who ran into the bathroom and screamed with excitement because all of the stalls were unoccupied before the concert began.
    e) The junior high girl who was there with her family and appeared to be doing the Monster Mash to Kelly Clarkson's music.
4) Singing as loudly as I could to "Because of You," "Stronger," and "Since U Been Gone" during the Kelly Clarkson portion.
5) Kelly Clarkson covering "Already Gone" by Leona Lewis and saying that she had forgotten the words in the middle of it. Luckily, she was in the audience at that point, so people were able to help her out.
6) This one's my favorite: A woman recognized us from Essential Church during the break between Kelly Clarkson and The Fray. She said that she was going to be leaving early with her daughter and asked if we wanted to take their seats that were even closer to the front. We were probably about 100 feet from the stage and didn't even need to look at the screens to see them. So cool and it was very kind of her!
7) Giving Miss Kim's phone number to Joe... (this one's a lie, but I would have loved for it to happen.)
8) Singing along with Andrew to every song by The Fray.
9) Getting to experience all of this with Andrew because I have so much fun with him and because The Fray is the one band that both of us love listening to.
10) No traffic getting out of the parking lot. We figured out that a lot of the kids were there to see Kelly Clarkson and if they stayed until the end of The Fray, it would be way past their bedtimes.

This night was something I had looked forward to for a long time and it absolutely exceeded my expectations!

3 comments:

emily grace [long distance lobsters] said...

so fun!

Kim said...

Well that was just not nice. I was so excited for .2 seconds.

Joe, egh, was he wearing skinny jeans? What a dream...

Also, us Colorado fans sold out two nights of their concerts. I can't believe you bought tickets on GROUPON. I'm a little outraged, not gonna lie.


Jenna said...

I wasn't paying attention to what he was wearing, but he is pretty cute. The groupon tickets were for the lawn, which is HUGE. I'm also pretty sure that they didn't sell out because it was a school night. Plus, it was September 11th in a military town, so I'm sure that some people didn't want to go anywhere because of that.