Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Time to count my blessings






I borrowed Season 3 of Gilmore Girls from Emily on Saturday because I'm a little tired of watching Ally McBeal and HIMYM. I have seen all of this particular season before, but I didn't remember any of the story lines. Anyway, Lorelai's or "Mimi's" monologue hit very close to home and even caused me to tear up. Right now, I absolutely feel the same way that she does, but I have to realize that all of this is for the best.

I also need to follow Luke's advice and think of the things in my life that I do have. I have an amazing, supportive family who love me unconditionally and pray for me. I have close friendships with Kim, Jenny, and Jess that have continued since volunteering in Kentucky together. I know that God led me to Essential Church because of building relationships with the people in our "Crazy Love" small group and getting to work with the preschoolers. I have a couple of jobs that I love because of getting to work with kids and still being able to do teaching. When Caitlin, one of the kids that I babysit for, runs out of the house to hug me and say, "Jenna, I missed you!" because I haven't seen her in 4 days, it's an awesome feeling. The bottom line is that I am loved and I will continue to love others.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I love getting shout outs in your blog!

Also, it's noted that you are getting tired of watching HIMYM.

Unknown said...

yes you are VERY loved:)... you are thought of continually and in our prayers just as much... and i love the fact that you actually do take the time to stop and count your blessings... talk soon xoxo m

Jenna said...

Kim: You're welcome on the shout-out. And, let me clarify... I still love HIMYM.

Mama: Thank you for loving me and praying for me. I can feel those prayers, even though I'm across the country from you two.