Saturday, November 1, 2008

Go, Rockcastle Rockets! (Part 2)

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about how the city of Mt. Vernon moved Halloween to the 30th because of the Rockcastle County High School football game being on the 31st. I ended up going to the game last night with Jenny, Jessica, and Yong. My favorite part was that they would shoot off fireworks whenever Rockcastle scored a touchdown or made a field goal. It was kind of cool because I've never been a big fan of Halloween, but I love the 4th of July. I pretty much forgot that it was Halloween last night because there weren't people dressed in costumes AND I got to be reminded of my favorite holiday because there were fireworks being set off.

As far as the game itself, it wasn't that exciting :(. I had expected a crowd in a small town to be really pumped up about it, especially since Rockcastle was ahead during the entire game. They didn't cheer very much and a lot of people left early because they knew they were going to win... I was slightly disappointed about the crowd spirit. It was awesome that they won (10-6) because I haven't gone to very many high school football games where the team I'm cheering for actually wins. It was also fun to hang out with the housemates on a Friday night and we had a good time rooting for the Rockcastle Rockets. Plus, we got to eat at the truck stop after it was over, which is always a nice way to end an evening out.

2 comments:

emily grace [long distance lobsters] said...

what are you talking about?! you were a seahawk...you should be used to winning. wait. no, you're right.

Jenna said...

Ha! No... they decided to start winning things the year AFTER I graduated :).